Monday, October 01, 2007




A PERSONAL NOTE.

Had just a few hours of sleep and woke up at 9.00am yesterday to prepare for my first talk at our first Business Seminar at the Grand Continental KL at 3.30pm yesterday.

After about a year or so not delivering a talk, I was just a little apprehensive whether I still had what it takes to do a seminar. Alhamdullillah, it went just fine even though it was not a peak performance.

As usual, a measure of a good talk was the excitement of attendees about the business after the event. Well, it happened just that.

All of us adjourned to the Kari Kepala Ikan at Yap Kwan Seng. Oh ya, the CEO who came in was reportedly to be very pleased with the event. And of course, certain people's perception of me did change a little well out of that event. What they did not know, I did not need any of their recognition. It was all about me doing my best in measuring up to my own expectations.

Good events obviously, still remain very much a great essential of a high touch business. And that's why huge companies are willing to pay big money to good speakers. Glad I have not lost my touch as far as speaking is concerned.

Oh ya, I told my business partner what I had to tell him of certain developments known only to me about the organisation. He was a little surprised but being the man that he is, took things very positively of the better things coming our way.

m.a.
KL

No comments: