Friday, December 07, 2007



The doting Grandparents John & Robyn


A... Finally the long awaited news from Brisbane finally came through from our dear friends John and Rob. It has been almost a year and they have been exceptionally quiet. We used to keep in touch every now and then.

And Rob sent us the photos of the new family members as well John Henry and Tex! No wonder they are so quiet 'coz life has been so complete!


Little John and Henry Tex

I met John and Rob way back when I was invited to a speaking engagement for a Seminar in Brisbane Australia in 2000.That was my first ever exposure to speak outside Malaysia.

This couple was nice enough to have volunteered to be my hosts for the couple of days while in Brisbane. After the speaking engagement, they invited me to stay at their house. They made me felt at home right away.

John was extremely nice to have obliged to drive me all the way to the Gold Coast to visit some of the tourist attractions.

My second stay in their home was when I was travelling to Hamilton Island 2 years later. John came all the way to see me in transit at the Brisbane Airport and I just had to stop over at their place on my way back. I just wanted to spend some time with this fine couple.

And life is in a way so peculiar, we can go any where any place and you kind of have that special feeling of 'coming home' when you have friends. Got the same feeling everytime I went to Penang, Kuching, Sibu, Miri, Brunei, Labuan or KK. All, because I have friends there. Oh ya, even Medan and Jakarta too.

And of course, every time they came down to KL we would turn hosts for them. It has always been a pleasure to have them around and we (Mariana, Nirah my daughter and me) enjoyed every second of their presence here in KL.

Everytime Mariana saw some one ordering ABC when ever we ate out, that straight away triggered her memory of Rob who loves ABC.. " Emm.. Rob would have ordered that..."

John has started his own MLM Company in Australia and we are happy to hear that they are doing really well. With the present arrangement that I am in, I honestly would love to invite them to speak at my functions as well here in Malaysia.

Well my friends, really nice to hear from you guys. Looking forward to see you both again in not too distant a future, hopefully.

Greetings from KL,

Muhamad, Mariana & Munirah.

No comments: